Director, GTM Strategy
Makes Work Life Better™ is our brand promise, not only to our customers, but to our employees as well. Our flagship platform, Dayforce, helps leaders make smart decisions based on data, strategy and intelligence that create value and maximize productivity.
How do we make work life better?
- By delivering an award-winning product, conceptualized and developed by award-winning leaders, that result in award-winning customer employee experiences
- By hiring highly innovative, diverse talent that fully embraces and embodies our core values in everything they do: Customer Focus, Equity, Shared Ambition, Agility, Transparency, Optimism
- By using modern technology, such as voice-activation with Dayforce Assistant and access to your money as soon as you earn it with Dayforce Wallet to stay in rhythm with the evolving demands of our 4 million global users
Location: For this role, we are open to remote work and can hire anywhere in the United States and Canada.
About the opportunity
Reporting to the VP, Head of GTM Strategy, this role is critical in analyzing, developing and evaluating strategic needs and plans for the global sales organization as well as the extended sales supply chain. The role will lead diagnosis and analysis activities and recommendation formulation in support of decision making for the Executive Leadership Team as well as Business-Unit leaders across the Ceridian.
The Go-to-Market (GTM) Strategy team is instrumental in driving clarity, alignment, and execution excellence across the global sales supply chain, while enabling market-leading growth for Ceridian. Responsible for the annual GTM planning cycle, the organizational revenue strategy, while also leading and supporting several strategic cross-functional initiatives that support Ceridian’s revenue goals.
With a mission to enable the collective organization to optimize both internal and external resources, that can deliver our unique value proposition and competitive advantage as we go-to-market as one.
What you’ll get to do
- Translation of the Corporate Strategy to GTM Strategy as part of the annual planning activities
- End-to-end GTM strategy development, implementation, and monitoring
- Continued refinement and evolution of the GTM foundational pillars and operating model
- Defining and rolling-out various revenue/sales strategy activities: efficiency, effectiveness, coverage, etc.
- Support activities in aligning product strategy and roadmap with the annual Go-to-Market plan; conducting market/product gap analysis, budget impact analysis, as well as buy-build-partner analysis
- Cross-functional collaboration associated with planning and execution with the end-to-end sales supply chain: Product & Technology, Marketing, Sales, Business Ops, Services, Support, and Customer Success
- Own a portfolio of projects across the Go-to-Market mandate on an ongoing basis
- Lead efforts in defining the go-to-market strategy: diagnosing by gathering and generation of relevant data analysis, while developing recommendations and relevant workplans with clear objectives and expected results
- Drive revenue strategy; identify revenue generating opportunities, lead the cross-functional execution of ideas, and monitor outcomes with continued refinement
- Develop and maintain strong familiarity with the organization’s functional areas to ensure the identification and evaluation of all types of enterprise risks to protect the company’s assets while minimizing exposure to losses
- Identify and analyze business trends/ opportunities and conduct associated business analysis and market research to support revenue growth and the global GTM strategy
- Monitor and manage various key performance indicators and key risk indicators
- Work directly with Global and Regional Sales and Services leaders and play the role of a strategic business partner as part of evaluating strategic opportunities and/or transformational initiatives; Partner/ Channel Strategy, M&A Integration, Vertical Planning, Pricing, Demand Management, etc.
- Lead multiple cross-functional teams throughout the business and the sales supply chain to ensure effective and efficient development and roll-out of the GTM strategy
- Support the development of the GTM strategy function and continue to evangelize the role of GTM as part of the overall organizational strategy
What’s in it for you
- Encouragement to be the best version of yourself at and away from work:
- YOUnity diversity and inclusion programs
- Amazing time away from work programs
- Support for your total well-being through our Live Well, Work Well programs targeting all aspects of your life
- Recognition for your contributions through excellent pay, perks, and rewards
- Giving where you’re living: volunteer days, Ceridian sponsored events, and our very own charity, Ceridian Cares
- Opportunities to fuel your career growth through numerous internal and external programs and events
Skills and experience we value
- Ideally, 8-10 years of experience in top-tier management consulting, investment banking, or strategic role (GTM, Ops, Corp Strategy) at a SaaS and/or high growth organization
- Solid analytical, problem-solving and interpersonal skills, with an ability to lead and coach both direct and in-direct reports
- Great written and oral communication skills, with a high degree of comfort engaging with executives and senior management
- Outstanding organization, planning, project management, and prioritization skills
- High EQ, with demonstrated ability to foster communication, collaboration, and alignment across Executive teams
- Ability to make trade-offs and manage potential conflict and disagreement
- Intellectual curiosity, strong work ethic, and provide ability to demonstrate solid business acumen and decision making
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field. MBA a plus but not required #LI-Remote
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted by a Ceridian Recruiter with a @ceridian.com email directly from our organization.
- Job Family Management
- Job Function Sales/Business Development
- Pay Type Salary