Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better™
This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well.
Do you thrive in an innovative and exciting environment that’s continuously evolving? Ceridian is looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility. Our workplace culture provides empowering programs for career growth and offers diversity and inclusion groups to support every person’s career journey. Ceridian employees have declared Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2019, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2019, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the 16th consecutive year!
(THIS ROLE IS BASED IN MAURITIUS)
R&D at Ceridian is a group of close-knit, cross-functional teams of Developers, QA Analysts, Product Owners, Business Analysts, and Test Engineers. At R&D, we are excited to start work on the new modernization of Dayforce built with the latest in cloud, microservices, and Microsoft technologies, introducing automation, increased flexibility, and responsiveness and further capitalizing on AI. Reporting to the Development Manager, we have an opportunity for a Software Developer, with strong Backend development skills, to design and implement complex Dayforce solutions. You will have the rewarding opportunity to grow your hands-on abilities as part of the Agile team, inventing and augmenting both new products and features as well as existing solutions and services.
Who you are:
are a Software Developer with hands-on experience in the Microsoft .NET
framework and SQL as part of an Agile team working through the entire software
development and delivery lifecycle. You thrive in a project-based role that
offers a continuous design and rollout of the best, customized product. You are
passionate about solving customer problems with complex technology that is easy
to use, and you want to join a global organisation that operates like a
scale-up: responsively, rapidly, and with agility.
What's in it for you:
- Leadership You will be a critical part of our 10x mission. As part of a group building the next generation of Dayforce products, you will play a key role in our trajectory. We continuously challenge ourselves to innovate solutions to our customers' problems in ways that will delight them. You will be part of a team that loves to excite the users of their software as much as they love the creativity of coding. You will gain a level of visibility and in-depth, hands-on expertise as we rotate teams working on new builds, implementations, enhancements, and support.
- Teamwork. Our inclusive, supportive workplace culture fosters an environment of continuous learning, professional development, collaboration, and a chance to blend in-office and remote working long before and after the COVID-19 crisis. You will be part of a high performing cross-functional team of collaborators driven to delivering high-quality software. We are continually working on moving our payroll and tax software solution forward and improving our customer's experience.
- Growth. We are a rapidly scaling company with a focus on promoting from within. This is a global organisation with more opportunities than people where we encourage you to express and pursue areas and projects that interest and inspire you. Through our training and mentoring program, you will develop deep technical expertise and gain valuable business and industry-related experience. You will have a chance to move up or across to a different group, expanding your work and opportunity scope on any of the Dayforce teams.
As our new Software Developer, you will:
Create, code, collaborate, and communicate. You will work closely with your Scrum team, applying design patterns, creating quality, scalable code, writing unit tests, and optimising performance. You will actively contribute to scrum meetings, sprints, demonstrations, and retrospectives. You will jump into any task or area that needs your attention in order for the team to complete deliverables on time. You will remain current on emerging software development methodologies and technologies, upskilling your hands-on abilities in designing, coding, and testing.
What you bring:
- The experience. You have progressive experience in using a .NET framework to develop SaaS and cloud-based applications, ideally for enterprise clients. You have an interest in Human Capital Management.
- The Agile approach. You have expertise following an Agile Scrum methodology and experience across all facets of the software development life cycle. experience across all facets of the software development life cycle.
- The interpersonal skills. You can confidently build networks and nurture relationships within teams, peers, clients, and senior leadership. You have outstanding communication, collaboration, and prioritisation skills. You can pivot to respond to needs, and work through ambiguity.
We make work life better for you:
At Ceridian, we foster a workplace where our people can thrive, grow, and reach new levels of success together. We give you the freedom and the technology to make the right scheduling choices to balance your life. In addition, we provide you with financial rewards including a stock purchase plan, talent development programs, comprehensive benefits, paid days off to volunteer, and an unlimited Time Away From Work Program.
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider and embrace ALL individuals and what makes them unique. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs,
great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success.
We encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted by a Ceridian Recruiter with a @ceridian.com email directly from our organization.
- Job Family Technical
- Job Function Software Development
- Pay Type Salary