Principal Systems Architect (Azure)
Our employees have declared Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2019, a Glassdoor Best Place to Work in 2019, and one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for the 16th consecutive year! We combine the excitement and agility of a startup environment, balanced with the client-base and growth opportunities of an established, large organization.
Our award-winning, flagship cloud product, Dayforce, is a market-leading Human Capital Management (HCM) platform that transforms the employee experience by solving complex problems. It unifies data from across the entire employee lifecycle to enable real-time calculations and better decision-making at every level. Essentially, our scalable solution makes work life better for our clients.
As we continue to grow and make a difference in the way companies manage their people, streamline HR, access data insights, pay their team, increase operational efficiency and succeed in their business, we are looking for driven individuals to join our team.
Ceridian is searching for a Principal Systems Architect who can seamlessly mesh tech know-how with product design requirements to help us navigate our cloud computing needs. Reporting to the Vice President of Architecture, you will play a critical technical role offering leadership and tactical guidance combined with hands-on execution in the design and end-to-end target state for applications at Ceridian HCM. You will be responsible for the design, implementation, automation, governance, and administration of highly secure, high-performance, scalable, cloud-native solutions that meet or exceed RTO/RPO requirements.
Who you are
You are a Systems Architect with experience designing, building, and securing network systems at an enterprise level. With expertise in Azure and across the Microsoft technology offerings, you want to join a mid-size company that is evolving its cloud infrastructure and play a role in defining and supporting the architecture and product deployment.
What's in it for you
New and ongoing challenges. This is a chance to define and implement the architecture, deployment processes, and security monitoring. It's an opportunity to define, implement, and drive a disaster recovery system. We are a company continuously improving our offerings and applying best practices; as new tools and approaches come to light, you will communicate, use, and document the impact on our architecture.
Professional development. This is a chance to define, deploy, and account for stringent privacy, compliance, security requirements, and restrictions; an area of architecture that is a priority for every organization accessing, storing, or working with personal data. You will play a critical role in our data storage - how we store, manage, monitor, and deploy it.
Impact and exposure. Our customers use our product to process payroll and workforce management functions for millions of employees. You will make a significant impact on the successful delivery of our platform as it expands globally with new features and capabilities. We currently support 10,000+ customers and we are just getting started.
What you will do:
- Build architectures. You will develop, leverage, and advocate cloud reference architectures to be utilized by the application development teams. You will create and maintain architecture diagrams for solutions, networks, application process flows, and traffic flow maps.
- Design. You will design and maintain Cloud Solutions that address requirements for security, scalability, reliability, and high performance, orchestrating and automating cloud-based platforms throughout the company.
- Collaborate. You will work closely with the product managers and architects to ensure that the new application features and enhancements support architecture and comply with regional laws and regulations.
- Implement best practices. You will support the investigation and adoption of new and emerging cloud architecture practices and technologies, creating opportunities for improvement and actively participating in discussions and initiatives to improve our technical practices and competitive position.
What you bring
- The education and experience. You have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering and 8+ years in application development and architecture with at least five years of experience designing and implementing Cloud systems, ideally for Azure. You have extensive hands-on experience with security, networking, cloud applications, microservices, computer-side, and distributed databases and database integration, including:
- Infrastructure design configuration, management and deployment utilizing Azure Cloud PaaS and IaaS cloud offerings.
- Deploying Zero Trust solutions
- Cluster management, hardening, performance monitoring, disaster recovery and automation.
- Deploying Least Privilege solutions based on company guidelines and Active Directory best practices.
- The technical toolkit. You have hands-on expertise with:
- Containerization technologies such as AKS/ Kubernetes and Docker.
- Azure configuration management tools.
- ARM templates, Terraform, Powershell, and CLI for automation scripting.
- Windows and UNIX/Linux based operating systems.
- The interpersonal skills. You have strong verbal and written communication skills. You are a skilled speaker who can present ideas and information in compelling ways. You can engage technical or non-technical stakeholders at all levels to drive organizational effectiveness.
Our culture, our values
At Ceridian, our values - Customer Focus, Shared Ambition, Agility, Equity, Optimism, and Transparency - are built on a strong framework, guided by an engaged leadership and brought to life every day by the innovative, enthusiastic people who make up our diverse teams. Our values are more than words on a wall, they come together to form a collaborative mindset, that's why our teams consist of people who share, promote and exemplify these ideas. People who are willing to go beyond the expected to help and support each other, our clients, and our communities, who are eager to step up to whatever challenges lie ahead and stand behind their choices, who want to continue to learn, iterate and solve complex problems for our clients, making their work life better.
What you can expect from us
A flexible, remote workplace. Whether you have family obligations, personal physical and mental health commitments or just like to work before everyone else wakes up, we give you the freedom - and the technology - to make those choices.
Open communication. From our senior leadership's open doors, to frequent engagement surveys, and our employee idea forum, we're always listening and ready to implement ideas.
Continuous learning. We believe in a workplace where our people can thrive, grow, and reach new levels of success together. We believe in continually challenging ourselves to develop, improve, and innovate - both personally and professionally.
At Ceridian, we offer a variety of benefits and perks to make work life better for you.
Financial rewards. We want to help you save for your future through progressive retirement plans, provide assistance with your student loan debt through our Student Loan Repayment options, and our Global Employee Stock Purchase Plan (GESPP). All of this in addition to our Quarterly Service Awards.
Career growth. From mentorship and sponsorship by senior leaders to our Talent Investment Program; from Tuition and Certification Reimbursement to our Career Exploration Program, we fully support your professional development and career mobility as a valued member of our team.
Benefits to balance your life. From comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision plans to our Employee Assistance Program, and our top-notch Parental Leave Program; from onsite flu shots and blood drives, to company sponsored fitness challenges and our Take 2 Program, we want to ensure you are taking care of your mind, body, and spirit.
Community giving. In addition to Ceridian Cares, our own charity that gives 100% of employee contributions to people in need, we provide paid Service or Volunteer Days for you to dedicate time to charities and causes you care about in your local communities.
Personal time. We believe in the importance of time away from the demands of work, so relax, recharge, and reconnect with friends and family through our unlimited Time Away From Work Program.
Are you ready to build the future of HCM and make work life better? Express your interest here or learn more about us on LinkedIn.
We enthusiastically encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions. Interested in applying but worried you don't have it all? At Ceridian we know not everyone gains their experience following a traditional path. If you share our values, want to make a difference, and meet 70% of the qualifications, we encourage you to apply
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Family Technical
- Job Function Information Technology/Hosting
- Pay Type Salary
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Houston, TX, USA
- New York, NY, USA
- Tampa, FL, USA