Senior Performance Engineer
Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better™
This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well.
Do you thrive in an innovative and exciting environment that’s continuously evolving? Ceridian is looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus, Shared Ambition, Agility, Transparency, Equity, and Optimism. Our workplace culture provides empowering programs for career growth and offers diversity and inclusion groups to support every person’s career journey. Ceridian employees have declared Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2019, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2019, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the 16th consecutive year!
Location: North America , Virtual
About the Position:
As a member of the Performance Engineering team, the Senior Performance Engineer is someone who thrives in attacking high-profile, performance bottlenecks and identifying solutions. You will get hands-on with building robust software, pushing the limits of scale and performance, as well as analyzing big data and determining the next problem before it happens.
- Lead investigation, identification, and resolution of the top performance issues.
- Use full stack development skills to reduce product code’s resource consumption, and shorten request latency in order to improve customer experience.
- Participate in code reviews and application design planning sessions to evangelize a culture of performance.
- Develop tools to monitor and mine data from millions of user requests a day in the Dayforce cloud environment.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define system performance parameters that consider both product and business roadmap requirements.
- Strong analytical ability and a hunger for solving complex problems.
- 5+ years of application development experience
- Excellent coding skills in a modern object-oriented language (e.g., C#, Java, C++).
- Experience building software solutions in public cloud (e.g. Azure, AWS) and hybrid cloud enterprise applications.
- Experience with performance monitoring analysis, and troubleshooting of enterprise production systems.
- Strong proficiency with SQL and a thorough understanding relational database systems.
- Expertise with Application Performance Monitoring(APM)tools, such as AppDynamics, Dynatrace, and New Relic.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
What Would Really Make You Stand Out:
- Proficiency with big data analysis and machine learning.
- Experience working with Enterprise SaaS solutions.
- Experience with performance testing tools, such as Microsoft Visual Studio Test Suite and HP Load Runner.
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider and embrace ALL individuals and what makes them unique. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs,
great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success.
We encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted by a Ceridian Recruiter with a @ceridian.com email directly from our organization.
- Job Family Technical
- Job Function Information Technology/Hosting
- Pay Type Salary
- Calgary, AB, Canada
- Ottawa, ON, Canada
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Winnipeg, MB, Canada